Jeanette - Off The Cuff

My photo
My name is Jeanette, and I was born in Sweden. I've been a life long artist, and designer, who took a plunge into surface pattern design in 2022, currently selling at Spoonflower and Raspberry Creek.

Monday, October 25, 2010

"Confetti" Meatloaf

I made this meatloaf out of ground turkey a few weeks ago, and apparently I completely forgot to post this to my blog.  So here goes... um... from memory.  












INGREDIENTS:

1- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
8-10 mini bell peppers in multi colors (or one regular bell pepper)
1 large clove garlic
1 cup freshly chopped cilantro

3/4 cup bread crumbs

2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper









Saute all onions, bell peppers, garlic, in a skillet with some oil until softened.  Toss with bread crumbs in skillet, and sprinkle all seasonings over the top.  

Transfer into a bowl with ground turkey, and combine with hands until well distributed.  Form into a loaf shape in a glass baking dish and bake in the oven at 400-415 until internal temperature is 165 F.  


Serve with a drizzle of your favorite barbecue sauce and baked potato or yam on the side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment