Jeanette - Off The Cuff

My photo
My name is Jeanette, and I was born in Sweden. I've been a life long artist, and designer, who took a plunge into surface pattern design in 2022, currently selling at Spoonflower and Raspberry Creek.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Kale Sauté

So tonight’s dinner is so absurdly simple that I hesitate to even blog about it. I mean, there was very little prep of any kind. Just some chopping, some seasoning and that’s it. But it was delicious. So for those of you who think putting a few raw ingredients together constitutes “cooking” I share with you my excessive wisdom. Ha ha ha.

INGREDIENTS:

1 pork tenderloin (I happened to have bought an organic, farm fresh pork tenderloin from a co-op-type place.)

5-6 stems of kale, de-stemmed, and roughly chopped

1 bell pepper, preferably red or yellow (and you will find that bell peppers are in most of my foods), julienned

2 Roma tomatoes, cut into small wedges

Olive oil, fennel seed, salt & pepper


DIRECTIONS:

Sprinkle liberal amounts of fennel seed, salt & fresh ground pepper all over the pork. Grill it on high the first 3 or 4 minutes, turning it once to the other side.

Turn down heat to medium, and keep grilling until internal temp is about 155-160 F. Slice into medallions.

A few minutes before the pork is done, sauté the veggies in a skillet with olive oil, and some salt & pepper sprinkled on. Serve like a “hot salad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment