Jeanette - Off The Cuff

My photo
My name is Jeanette, and I was born in Sweden. I've been a life long artist, and designer, who took a plunge into surface pattern design in 2022, currently selling at Spoonflower and Raspberry Creek.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Rad Berry-Spice Whole Grain pancakes

Yes, I will just say they’re my rad pancakes, because I don’t know for sure what the original recipe was, or whose it was, and so many modifications have gone into this that I’ve created something fairly different and healthy! Rather than a lot of refined carbs, this is mostly whole-grain and delicious. And we eat these, or variations of these, almost every Saturday morning while watching Spongebob. Yes, we’re 36 and home-owners. We like SpongeBob.
pancakes
INGREDIENTS:
1 cups flour (I usually do half white/ half whole wheat)
2 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp brown sugar or honey (if using honey, add it when all wet ingredients have been mixed in)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
A dash of nutmeg
1 cup milk + 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 egg
2 tbsp oil (although this can be omitted with good success)
1 cup berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, huckleberries...whatever sounds good to you!)

Beat all ingredients together, and fry pancakes on buttered griddle or skillet at medium heat. Drop berries into the top of the pancakes as they’re frying. Flip when edges are bubbly.

For a variation on the above, omit the spices, and mash one banana into the pancake mix, and sprinkle chocolate chips on the uncooked side of the pancakes before flipping them over. Extra good.

And at Thanksgiving / Christmas time, I substitute 1/2 the cup of milk with 1/2 can of pumpkin. It’s so awesome. Just sayin’s all.

No comments:

Post a Comment